Derek was admitted as a solicitor in 1994 and has practiced in commercial litigation, debt recovery, insolvency and dispute resolution for more than 20 years (we can’t be more specific than that as guessing his age is our favourite party game).
Formerly a partner of a firm of a large commercial litigation practice in Brisbane, he returned to the Gold Coast and established the firm in January 2006.
Derek believes that it is important to recognise the high level of service clients require and he prides himself in being available to service clients’ needs whenever they are required.
Derek lives on the Gold Coast, where his family have lived for many decades and considers himself an “original Gold Coaster”.
He enjoys good food and wine and the very occasional trip to the gym.
Qualifications & Memberships
- Bachelor of Laws
- Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Queensland
- Solicitor of the High Court of Australia
- Nationally Accredited Mediator
- Member of the Queensland Law Society
- Member of the Southport Yacht Club
- Member of the Bond Alumni
- Member of the Old Southportonians Associations